ONICI voor periode 2022-2024 erkend als
lid van WHO's World Hearing Forum
Op 17 februari 2022 ontvingen wij van de Wereld GezondheidsOrganisatie (WHO) het fantastische nieuws dat ONICI aanvaard wordt als lid van het WHO World Hearing Forum en dit voor de periode van 2022 t/m 2024. We denken dat we hiermee de enige organisatie zijn van de Benelux die deze uitzonderlijke erkenning te beurt valt. Er zetelen wel nog enkele Belgen en Nederlands in het World Hearing Forum, maar dan voor een buitenlandse of internationale organisatie.
Wij zijn dus ontzettend blij en vereerd dat wij deze erkenning mochten ontvangen en willen hier graag de inhoud van de welkomstbrief even metu delen:
Dear Leo De Raeve,
The Secretariat of the World Hearing Forum (WHF) is pleased to congratulate and welcome ONICI, Independent Information & Research Centre on Cochlear Implantation as a member of the World Hearing Forum.
The WHF envisions a world in which no person experiences hearing loss due to preventable causes and those with hearing loss can achieve their full potential through rehabilitation, education and empowerment.
The goal of the Forum is to facilitate the implementation of the WHA70.13 resolution and support WHO’s advocacy actions in the field of hearing.
• Undertake advocacy efforts for galvanizing support and raise awareness for ear and hearing care
• Promote networking for knowledge sharing
In addition to supporting the above goal, we look forward to working with you to achieve the objectives within the scope of our common responsibilities. These responsibilities include advocating for ear and hearing care supporting the implementation of the WHA79.13 resolution.
The Membership Responsibilities are:
• Promote the work, vision, goals, and objectives of the Forum
• actively initiate and participate in the activities, discussions and deliberations of the Forum
• Participate in the Membership Meetings
• Participate, as appropriate, in the Forum working groups
• Share knowledge and information with other members of the Forum
World Hearing Forum Members instantly become a part of a vast network of like-minded stakeholders working to address and advocate the field of ear and hearing care.
As a member of the World Hearing Forum, you will also be able to:
• Have your organization listed in the World Hearing Forum website
• Access a wide range of WFH news and other knowledge resources through the WHF portal
• Receive regular electronic updates of headlines and breaking news through the WHF portal
ONICI, Independent Information & Research Centre on Cochlear Implantation membership is effective as of February 2022.
Please feel free to share this news with your organization. We look forward to working with ONICI, Independent Information & Research Centre on Cochlear Implantation as a member of the World Hearing Forum. Only together well we be able to address the challenges of the field of ear and hearing care.
World Hearing Forum
Hosted by the World Health Organization
20 Avenue Appia
1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland